To check the details of my nutritional plan please see the following link:
What follows are some of the prerequisites for following my nutritional recommendations:
- Go grocery shopping at least once per week
- Buy foods that are portable and contain 3 to 6 grams of fiber per serving. The food should be packaged in such a way that freshness is maintained, you can take or store it anywhere including in your car.
- Make sure you buy enough to last you the entire week.
- Never be more than an arm’s length away from your food.
- Keep it in your desk drawer, purse, backpack, briefcase, coat pocket and glove compartment.
- Find your new hunger equivalent
- If we eat only when we are hungry we will always be in one of two states, famished or full; and, neither one is compatible with optimal functioning.
- Eat for optimal function. The next time you have to read an e-mail twice or notice you are having a little difficulty keeping focused, eat something. Our function deteriorates before we feel hunger and we should respond to these functional signals by eating, well before we feel hunger. Start paying attention to your performance level and when you sense a slight drop, time to re-fuel. Find your new hunger equivalent, respond to it and you will start eating small amounts frequently, especially if you add fiber each time that you eat.
In summary, eat upon awakening; eat four to six times per day and consume four to six grams of fiber every time that you eat. You will function optimally and the scale will do the right thing.